Seeking IIA Leadership Candidates for 2017-2018
With more than 185,000 members in over 170 countries, The IIA provides dynamic leadership for the global profession of internal auditing. Volunteers play a key role and the contributions they make impact the day-to-day functions of internal auditors, as well as shape the future of the internal audit profession.
The IIA is seeking qualified members to serve in the following leadership roles:
- Executive Officers
- Board of Directors
- North American Board (US, Canada, Caribbean only)
- Internal Audit Foundation (formerly IIA Research Foundation) Board of Trustees
- 18 Committees comprising 250 members
- District Advisors and Representatives (US, Canada, Caribbean only)
Qualifications / Recommendations
Candidates should have relevant expertise and the ability to participate in the leadership of The IIA. Please download the details for each position and review submission guidelines before submitting a nomination.
- You must have an active membership with The IIA to volunteer or to submit a nomination or an endorsement. Please log in to your IIA account and ensure all contact information is current.
- Nominations are accepted from IIA institutes and chapters, IIA members who know of interested candidates, or candidates themselves. However, more weight is usually given to nominations endorsed by an institute or chapter.
- If you are submitting a self-nomination form, you will be able to provide up to five (5) endorsers and their corresponding email addresses. Upon submission, an endorsement request will be sent to the email addresses you provide. Please ensure you are prepared with the information before beginning a self-nomination.
Nominations for 2017-2018 should be completed and submitted electronically by Friday, November. 4, 2016. If you are elected or appointed to serve, your term will begin in April or July 2017. Below is a timeline of when selections are completed and candidates are notified:
||North American Board & District Representatives/Advisors|
||Executive Officers, Board of Directors and Internal Audit Foundation Board of Trustees|
||Committee Chairmen are appointed|
||Committee members (you are contacted whether you are selected or not)|
If you have any further questions, please contact Lori Gagnon, Director, Governance, at email@example.com
Become an IIA Volunteer
There are many ways you can get involved with The IIA. Whether you are an experienced leader or just entering the field of internal auditing, there is a place for you — locally or globally — at The IIA. Download our volunteer brochure.
- Step 1: Join your local chapter or institute today!
- Serve on the board
- Recruit new members
- Chair or serve on a committee
- Plan activities for International Internal Audit Awareness Month
- Attend local events to share your best practices and solutions
- Support the development and execution of programs, events, and local training
- Serve on an IIA global committee
- Become a global board member
- Contribute or write for one of The IIA’s publications
- Serve as an IIA conference session presenter
- Become an IIA seminar instructor
- Serve as a quality assessment team member
- Provide translations for IIA materials
- Volunteer as a subject matter expert
- Contribute to guidance
- Certifications item writer