Promoting the Profession and Building Awareness
Awareness Month Toolkit | Virtual Backgrounds | 2020 Building Awareness Champions | Advocacy Resources
May is International Internal Audit Awareness Month
The IIA offers customizable tools, planning resources, and thought-provoking content to help advocate for and build awareness of the internal audit profession. Access our outstanding awareness toolkit, position papers, and thought leadership during May, International Internal Audit Awareness Month, and all year.
A Message from President and CEO Anthony J. Pugliese
Awareness Month Toolkit
Access creative ideas, tips, and easy-to-use tools and templates to promote the value of internal audit!
Download the Building Awareness Champion form.
Access Additional Internal Audit Awareness Tools.
NEW in 2021, Awareness Month Virtual Backgrounds
Enjoy these new Awareness Month assets when you attend meetings or host virtual events. Below are a few tips for using the new virtual backgrounds.
- Be sure the logo appears correctly. On some programs, like Zoom, you need to uncheck the “mirror my background” in order for the logo to appear correctly.
- Avoid wearing the same color as the background.
- Try to have a white background behind your head/shoulders. Though it’s not required, it helps the camera.
- For best results, stay relatively still, don’t lean back, and don’t turn your face to look to the side. The camera and software will think you are part of the background if you turn or lean, causing part of your body or face to disappear.
Download Zip file with backgrounds now.
Remember to also promote the profession on your favorite social media channels. Check out our Facebook page to see photos of what others are doing to celebrate International Internal Audit Awareness Month, and join in the conversation on Twitter at #IIAMay.
2020 Building Awareness Champions
Congratulations to our 2020 Building Awareness Champions!
Rising to the challenges presented by a global pandemic, these Affiliates and Chapters promoted the internal audit profession beginning in May during International Internal Audit Awareness Month and continuing in the months following. Through a variety of virtual events and awareness campaigns designed to inform and engage, they shared their passion for internal auditing, raising awareness of the profession and helping stakeholders understand the value of internal audit in their organizations. Read more about those successes.
- IIA–Palm Beach County Chapter
- UAE IAA
- IIA–Vancouver Chapter
- IIA–Bahamas Chapter
- IIA–Calgary Chapter
- IIA–Chinese Taiwan
- IIA–Costa Rica
- IIA–Dominican Republic
- IIA–El Salvador
Promoting the Profession and Building Awareness Resources