CIA Exam: Why, How, and What Is Changing January 2019
To ensure the material within all three parts of the CIA exam stays current and valid, the CIA underwent a global job analysis study to determine the knowledge, skills, and abilities most applicable to today’s internal audit practitioners. The study results indicated the need to revise the exam syllabi to reflect the evolution of the internal audit profession worldwide.
- Three exam parts are balanced, clear, and uniform.
- Minimal duplication and overlap among exam parts.
- Aligned with The IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Up-to-date with the current global practice of internal auditing.
- Covers the knowledge, skills, and abilities exam candidates must possess to be the most competent and capable internal auditor possible.
|CIA Exam Part One: Essentials of Internal Auditing
||CIA Exam Part Two: Practice of Internal Auditing
||CIA Exam Part Three: Business Knowledge for Internal Auditing|
The updated CIA exams will take effect January 2019, in English only. Non-English exams will be released as follows:
|French and Spanish
||June 1, 2019|
|German and Turkish
||July 1, 2019|
|Arabic and Russian
||August 1, 2019|
|Korean and Portuguese
||September 1, 2019|
|Chinese Traditional and Japanese
||October 1, 2019|
||December 2019 or early 2020|
Each candidate should review the changes and determine the best timing to complete their individual studies and take the exam. Please review the CIA Exam: Why and How It’s Changing Handbook and CIA Exam: FAQs for additional details.
The IIA’s Customer Relations team is available to assist CIA candidates during the transition. Call +1-407-937-1111 or email CustomerRelations@theiia.org.