Certification in Risk Management Assurance® (CRMA®) Exam Preparation Resources
The CRMA exam is a self-study exam and does not require a prescribed curriculum. Candidates may choose their own method of preparing for the exam.
CRMA Reference Resources
CRMA exam questions are derived from the body of knowledge for risk management assurance, which includes — but is not limited to — the following key references:
- Applying the IPPF, by Urton Anderson and Andrew Dahle
- Assessing and Managing Strategic Risks: What, Why, How for Internal Auditors, by Richard J. Anderson and Mark L. Frigo
- COSO frameworks and guidance
- Data Analytics: A Road Map for Expanding Analytics Capabilities, by Richard Cline, Ward Melhuish, and Meredith Murphy
- Fundamentals of Risk Management, by Paul Hopkin
- IRM’s “Risk Appetite & Tolerance Guidance Paper”
- IRM’s “Risk Culture: Resources for Practitioners”
- ISO 31000
- King IV Report on Risk Management
- Managing Risk in Uncertain Times: Leveraging COSO’s New ERM Framework, by Paul Sobel
- NIST Privacy Framework V1.0
- OECD Risk Management and Corporate Governance
- Practical Enterprise Risk Management: Getting to the Truth, by Larry Baker
- Sawyer’s Internal Auditing, 7th Edition, by Internal Audit Foundation
- The IIA’s International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF)
- The Internal Auditor’s Guide to Risk Assessment, by Rick A. Wright Jr.
- Current resources on risk management assurance and relevant topics
Please note that periodically, new references are added and outdated references are removed from the reference list.
CRMA Review Manuals and Software
The new CRMA Exam Study Guide and Practice Questions, 2nd Edition, is a comprehensive review resource for candidates to prepare for the CRMA exam, and is now available through the IIA Bookstore. Members save 20%. Shop now.
CRMA Review Courses
There are no independent review courses offered at this time.