Steps to Certification
Below are the three steps to become certified in the profession.
- Create a profile in The IIA’s Certification Candidate Management System (CCMS) or access an existing profile. CCMS is a user-friendly system to help you apply for, register, and maintain your certification and related information, while keeping you connected to and informed about The IIA’s certification programs.
- Upload required documents for program approval (education, government-issued photo ID) directly within the CCMS.
- Obtain character reference(s) electronically via the CCMS.
- You will not be able to register for the exam until your documents and application are approved.
Step 2: Test
- Access your profile in CCMS.
- Click “Manage Program.”
- Register for the exam or exam part.
- Schedule your exam.
Step 3: Become Certified
- Complete your experience verification.
- Receive your certification.
- Access your certificate via the CCMS. A printed copy may be obtained with a fee.
Get Started Now
Now that you are familiar with the Steps to Certification, visit Get Started Now to begin your IIA Certification journey.
Once you are certified, you must maintain your certification by earning and reporting annual CPE. Need CPEs? Find opportunities here.