Steps to Certification
Below are the three steps to become certified in the profession.
- Create a profile in The IIA’s Certification Candidate Management System (CCMS) or access an existing profile. CCMS is a user-friendly system to help you apply for, register, and maintain your certification and related information, while keeping you connected to and informed about The IIA’s certification programs.
- Upload required documents for program approval (education, government-issued photo ID) directly within the CCMS.
- Obtain character reference(s) electronically via the CCMS.
- You will not be able to register for the exam until your documents and application are approved.
Step 2: Test
- Access your profile in CCMS.
- Click “Manage Program.”
- Register for the exam or exam part.
- Schedule your exam.
Step 3: Become Certified
- Complete your experience verification.
- Receive your certification.
- Access your certificate via the CCMS. A printed copy may be obtained with a fee.
Once you are certified, you must maintain your certification by earning and reporting annual CPE. Need CPEs? Find opportunities here.