Larry Sawyer Educators’ Symposium
Date: Sunday, July 19, 2020
Time: 8:30 a.m.–4:45 p.m.
Location: Miami, FL
The educators’ symposium is designed to fulfill three distinct objectives:
- Establish a forum for researchers to present end-stage or completed research and share aspects of classroom and practitioner applicability.
- Provide educators with new and innovative techniques for teaching internal auditing.
- Create an opportunity for researchers to present research concepts and proposals and receive feedback to refine the scope further to enhance value for practical application.
The Call for Papers/Proposals is Now Open! (October 4th – November 15)
The Internal Audit Foundation is seeking submissions regarding recent research and proposals for future research to be presented and discussed during the Symposium. Preferred topic areas of focus include:
- Audit Practice
- Risk and Risk Management
- Governance and Compliance
- Audit Committees and Boards
This year we will also be seeking proposals for teaching techniques session(s). The teaching techniques should include new, innovative ways to teach topics related to the profession.
A review task force will evaluate submissions and select up to three papers, three proposals and two teaching techniques for presentation at the event. Selected presenters will receive complimentary registration and travel assistance to the Symposium.