Global Knowledge Brief from The IIA and Workiva
Embracing the Future: How technology helps audit teams stay ahead of the curve
The latest Global Knowledge Brief from The IIA and Workiva, “Embracing the Future: How technology helps audit teams stay ahead of the curve,” outlines how internal audit can benefit from pandemic-accelerated digital transformation. It explains how internal audit must embrace the spirit of innovation and how agile methodology can improve the entire engagement process. Plus, this tech-savvy and sophisticated report presents two case studies that detail how obstacles became opportunities for internal auditors during the prolonged pandemic.
- In a post-COVID world, internal audit must embrace the spirit of innovation and technology adoption accelerated by the pandemic.
- The work-from-home environment accelerated tech transformation because companies could evaluate their various processes to determine how they could be improved.
- The pandemic highlighted the need for tools that internal auditors may not have realized they needed, such as cloud-based and online collaboration tools.
- When it comes to technology adoption, internal audit should focus on areas that bring the most value to the organization. It also should look for opportunities to cross-pollinate, where internal audit learns from other parts of the organization and is able to share its own learnings.
- Case studies of a non-profit finance cooperative and a minerals production company provide real-world examples of how technology adoption improved internal audit’s value to the organization.
Download “Embracing the Future: How technology helps audit teams stay ahead of the curve” today.