Internal Auditor Wins Top Magazine Awards
Publication collects seven “Charlie Awards” including best in Trade Technical
ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, Fla., USA (Aug. 20, 2014) — Internal Auditor magazine continued its history of strong showings at the Florida Magazine Association (FMA) Charlie Awards Gala, garnering nine awards this year. The gala is part of the association’s Annual Publishing Conference and Expo.
The magazine was recognized with the top (Charlie) awards for Best Overall Magazine and Best Overall Writing, both in the Trade Technical category, at this year’s award banquet, which took place Aug. 7 at the Omni Orlando Resort at Champions Gate.
“We are again thrilled to have this affirmation from the FMA of Internal Auditor magazine’s unmatched service and quality to its readers,” said Institute of Internal Auditors President and CEO Richard F. Chambers, CIA, QIAL, CGAP, CCSA, CRMA. “It is easy to see why the magazine remains one of the most popular products we offer our members.”
The magazine and its designer, Yacinski Design LLC, combined for nine awards for trade technical publications.
FMA's annual Charlie Awards competition has been recognizing the achievements of Florida magazines since 1957. The awards honor publishers, writers, editors, artists, photographers, printers, marketers, and others as the best among their peers. Hundreds of entries compete for Charlie, Silver, and Bronze awards.
Entries are reviewed by a panel of distinguished judges representing academia, publishing, and marketing from outside Florida. This year’s panel included a design educator from Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism, a magazine publishing consultant, a marketing communications professional, and an award-winning freelance writer and editor.
“It is especially gratifying that our peers from outside the region recognize the quality and value Internal Auditor magazine offers our readers,” said Anne Millage, editor in chief. “Our aim is to provide our readers with relevant articles and features that will help them grow in their profession.”
Internal Auditor magazine’s complete list of 2014 FMA awards:
- Best Overall Magazine, Trade Technical, Charlie Award
- Best Overall Writing, Trade Technical, Charlie Award
- Best Overall Design, Trade Technical, Yacinski Design, Bronze Award
- Best Service Feature, Trade Technical, “The CAE as CEO,” by Dennis Drent, Charlie Award
- Best Department, Trade Technical, “Update Department,” Charlie Award
- Best Column, Association and Trade Technical, “Mind of Jacka,” Charlie Award
- Best Department Design, Trade Technical, “Update” Department, Yacinski Design, Charlie Award
- Best Cover, Trade Technical, “Whistleblower,” Yacinski Design, Charlie Award
- Best Feature Design, Trade Technical, “The CAE’s Journey,” Yacinski Design, Silver Award
About Internal Auditor magazine
Internal Auditor magazine is the world's leading publication covering the internal audit profession. The award-winning, bimonthly magazine shares timely, helpful, and indispensable information for professionals who want to keep pace with the diverse, dynamic field of internal auditing. For more information, visit InternalAuditor.org.