New Internal Audit Foundation Release:
Quality Assessment Manual for the Internal Audit Activity, 2017 IPPF Aligned
The Quality Assessment Manual for the Internal Audit Activity has been updated to incorporate requirements of The IIA’s International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) and International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing updates effective January 1, 2017. While the basic structure and concepts remain the same from the manual’s previous edition, enhancements and additional implements have been added. Highlights include:
- More clarity between a full QAIP assessment, a self-assessment with independent validation, and internal assessments, and a new chapter added especially for internal assessments.
- A streamlined planning process with clear differentiation between planning and fieldwork activities.
- Appendices redesigned in a user-friendly format with clear linkage between all implements to include evaluation of conformance, identification of successful internal audit practices, and opportunities for continuous improvement conveniently located in one section.
- A new document to facilitate the review of workpapers by the assessor or assessment team.
- A revised reporting format to more clearly present assessment results.
- A new report specific to organizations that perform a self-assessment with independent validation.
This is a valuable resource for every organization’s Quality Assurance and Improvement Program or for those entities responsible for conducting external assessments. It is a must-have reference for every internal audit activity’s resource library.
Learn more and purchase the revised edition. Visit The IIA Bookstore, powered by the Internal Audit Foundation.