New OnDemand Course: CGAP Exam Prep Program
Curriculum Developed by Tom O’Connor, Public Sector/Government Audit Expert
The IIA has added the Certified Government Auditing Professional® (CGAP®) Exam Prep Program to their on-demand course offerings. This self-study option provides 9 CPE credits, can be utilized anytime, and replaces the four-part eWorkshop. The on-demand format provides the flexibility and convenience wanted, along with the government audit expertise needed — to pass CGAP.
Four-Part Program. Available 24/7.
The CGAP Exam Prep Program includes:
- Domain I: Standards, Governance, and Risk and Control Frameworks
- Domain II: Government Auditing Practice
- Domain III: Government Auditing Skills and Techniques
- Domain IV: Government Auditing Environment
The CGAP Exam Prep Program helps participants:
- Prepare to sit for the CGAP exam.
- Understand and apply required standards for government auditing.
- Use current audit methodologies and techniques in government audits.
- Describe the government auditor’s evolving role in accountability.
- Earn 9 CPE credits.
Online Access. Public Sector/Government Audit Expert.
Thomas F. O’Connor, CIA, CGAP, CRMA, CGFM, CPA, CMA, CFE, CDFM:
- Public sector/government auditing and financial management subject matter expert.
- Designs, develops, instructs, and evaluates training.
- Presented hundreds of courses to government employees at all levels.
- Held several senior auditor positions in the federal government at the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO), the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), and the U.S. Peace Corps.
- Highly effective instructor in presenting courses throughout the U.S. and in over 60 countries.
- Author of several publications, including the Internal Audit Foundation’s CGAP Exam Study Guide, 4th Edition; CGAP Exam Study Questions; and other works for other professional organizations.
Government members save US$100.
- ACGA/CPSAC Members: US$250
- IIA Members: US$350
- Nonmembers: US$450
Candidates ready to take their public sector audit career to the next level and sit for the CGAP, this exam prep program is ready whenever they are — 24/7. This new on-demand format provides the accessibility and the government audit expertise they need — to pass CGAP.
The Certified Government Auditing Professional® (CGAP®) certification program is designed especially for auditors working in the public sector at all levels — federal/national, state/provincial, local, quasi-governmental, or crown authority — and is an excellent professional credential that prepares them for the many challenges of this demanding environment. Learn more.
About IIA OnDemand
IIA OnDemand is the premier self-paced, online training platform for today’s internal audit professionals who want to stay up-to-date on their own time, anywhere, and at their own pace. There are dozens of web-based internal audit courses focused on existing, trending, and cutting-edge topics. All courses offer CPE credits and are designed for onboarding new staff as well as providing further exploration into the fundamentals for experienced staff and CAEs. Learn more.
American Center for Government Auditing® (ACGA®) is a service to government members of The IIA in the U.S. Public sector auditors include anyone fulfilling an audit capacity and working in local, state, or federal government, or any publicly-controlled or publicly-funded agencies, enterprises, and other entities that deliver public programs, goods, or services. Learn more.
About the Canadian Public Sector Audit Centre
Canadian Public Sector Audit Centre (“the Centre”) is a service to public sector members of IIA Canada. Public sector auditors include audit professionals in the federal, provincial, territorial, municipal, and local levels of government. Also included in this category are auditors in the education field, such as schools and universities; those in the healthcare realm, such as hospitals and healthcare facilities; and other publicly-funded organisations, such as Liquor Control Boards, Legal Aid, and Children’s Aid Societies. Learn more.