The IIA Releases New Global Technology Audit Guide on IT Essentials for Internal Auditors
The IIA’s IT Guidance Committee is pleased to announce its new GTAG that provides a baseline of IT knowledge for internal auditors.
Written for auditors of all experience levels, “IT Essentials for Internal Auditors” discusses foundational IT topics along with potential challenges, risks, and opportunities within this increasingly growing and intensifying area that affects all organizations.
The guide is divided into sections that cover IT:
- Governance and the IT and business relationship.
- Emerging topics.
It is designed to enable internal auditors to grasp technical topics so they can continue to provide valuable organizational assistance through risk-based auditing in a variety of areas that require greater understanding and expertise.
After reading this guidance, internal auditors should be able to understand:
- The relationship between IT and the business, including associated challenges and risks.
- Various network structures, components, and related concepts.
- IT infrastructure, including hardware, software, and databases.
- How organizations use, implement, and develop applications.
- Topics such as data analytics, social media, RPA, machine learning, IoT, and other emerging issues.
IIA members are invited to download this guidance and all guidance as a benefit of membership. Nonmembers may purchase Supplemental Guidance by visiting the IIA Bookstore.