The IIA Renames and Revises Best-selling Courses
Tools & Techniques I, II, and III
Updated and Aligned for Internal Audit at Every Level
The IIA has updated its best-selling internal audit courses, Tools & Techniques. The revised content now aligns with the 2017 International Professional Practices Framework® (IPPF®).
This series of three courses is designed to provide internal auditors with the essential training and resources they need for different career stages. The renamed and revised courses provide relevant and rich content that today’s audit leaders need on every level, and, at every level of their career. Plus, attendees can bring new tools back to their audit function and begin applying what they learned immediately and effectively.
Tools & Techniques I: New Internal Auditor
Designed for auditors with three or fewer years of experience. Attendees will:
- Learn the core elements of the IPPF.
- Describe the components of the audit model. • Identify the requirements of audit planning.
- Identify risks and key controls during assessment process.
- Get several tools, including sample documents and templates.
Tools & Techniques II: Lead Auditor
Designed for auditors with three to six years of experience. Attendees will:
- Learn the roles and responsibilities of audit managers, lead auditors, and audit clients.
- Discover the key concepts necessary for becoming an effective audit leader.
- Develop the skills necessary to lead and mentor staff.
- Review the changing control environment.
- Apply project management skills, including improving productivity, managing fieldwork, and recognizing QA standards.
Tools & Techniques III: Audit Manager
Designed for managers and senior managers with six or more years of experience. Attendees will:
- Learn best practices for audit risk assessment, walk-throughs, and audit program development.
- Identify key metrics and performance indicators for measuring internal audit productivity.
- Develop skills for supervising and developing audit department projects and staff.
- Learn to manage relationships and market internal audit from an audit manager perspective.
- Direct and manage to meet the challenges of today’s business environment.
- Develop strategic business skills and learn techniques for managing change.
Learn more about the redesigned, updated, and aligned courses, Tools & Techniques I, II, and III by visiting the course description webpage.