Internal Auditor/InternalAuditor.org Earns Top Awards for Magazine Excellence
The IIA's flagship magazine, Internal Auditor, and InternalAuditor.org once again earned top honors from the Florida Magazine Association (FMA). The magazine swept the best overall magazine awards, including for writing and design in the trade/technical category. In total, Internal Auditor and InternalAuditor.org racked up 11 awards, including six first-place honors, continuing on more than two decades of design and editorial excellence.
"Internal auditors have long recognized Internal Auditor magazine as a vital professional resource – testament to the excellent staff and contributors who endeavor to create a product that achieves the highest publishing standards for content and design," said IIA President and CEO Richard F. Chambers, CIA, QIAL, CGAP, CCSA, CRMA. "I congratulate the magazine's entire staff for consistently delivering a valuable tool, in print and online, to our members and to the internal audit profession."
Since 1957, the FMA's annual Charlie Awards has recognized outstanding work by Florida magazines in categories including writing, design, and digital excellence. This year, the judges – 19 recognized out-of-state magazine professionals and college journalism professors – evaluated more than 600 entries competing for Charlie (first), Silver (second), and Bronze (third) awards.
Internal Auditor received awards for:
- Best Feature, Trade/Technical, "The Cybersecurity Imperative" by Tim McCollum, Silver Award
- Best Service Feature, Trade/Technical, "Protecting Customer Data" by Michael Levy, Charlie Award
- Best Department, Trade/Technical, "Update," Charlie Award
- Best Single Cover Photograph, Trade/Technical, Silver Award, 75th Anniversary Cover, Yacinski Design and Mark Tuschman, Silver Award
- Best Department Design, Trade/Technical, "Update," Yacinski Design, Silver Award
- Best Feature Design, Trade/Technical, "A Matter of Trust," Yacinski Design, Silver Award
- Best Online Video, International Professional Practices Framework, IIA Multimedia Services and Alex Ray, Charlie Award
Best Overall Online Presence
- InternalAuditor.org, Silver Award
Best Overall Awards
- Best Overall Design, Trade/Technical, Yacinski Design, Charlie Award
- Best Overall Writing, Trade/Technical, Charlie Award
- Best Overall Magazine, Trade/Technical, Charlie Award