IIA Announces 2020-21 Global Chair, Board
Jenitha John of South Africa elected Chair
LAKE MARY, Fla. (July 23, 2020) —The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), the internal audit profession’s most widely recognized advocate, educator, and provider of standards, guidance, and certifications, announced today election of the 2020-21 Global Board of Directors, including Jenitha John, CIA, QIAL, as Chair of the Global Board. The election was held during The IIA’s annual business meeting.
John has more than 26 years of experience in internal auditing. Included among her many roles as an IIA volunteer are Senior Vice Chairman of the Global Board (2019-20), member of the Global Board’s Executive Committee, and vice chairman of Professional Certifications (2018-19) and Professional Practices (2017-18). John is Chief Executive Officer of the Independent Regulatory Board for Auditors (IRBA) in South Africa.
For her chairman’s year theme, John has chosen “Reimagining Resilience” to emphasize the role agility plays in internal audit, particularly during times of crisis. “As the world continues to navigate through one of the most challenging times in living memory,” John said, “internal auditors are being called upon more than ever before to embrace the far-reaching transformation needed to carry our organizations forward.”
John will preside over a 17-member Global Board of Directors, whose members were also elected today. They are:
- Jenitha John, CIA, QIAL, Chairman (South Africa)
- Charles T. Wright, CIA, Senior Vice Chairman (USA)
- Benito Ybarra, CIA, Vice Chairman – Finance (USA)
- Julie Lathrop, CIA, CRMA, Director – Professional Certifications (USA)
- Augustino Mbogella, CIA, CCSA, CRMA, Director – Professional Guidance (United Republic of Tanzania)
- Ranjit Singh Taram Singh, CIA, CRMA, Director – Global Services (Malaysia)
- Karen Brady, CIA, CRMA, Director – Research (USA)
- Laura A. Soileau, CIA, CRMA, Director – Professional Practices (USA)
- J. Michael Joyce, Jr., CIA, CRMA, Past Chairman of the Board (USA)
- Nancy Haig, CIA, CCSA, CFSA, CRMA, North American Board Chairman (USA)
- Sally-Anne Pitt, CIA, CGAP, Outside North America Lead Director (Australia)
- Mark Carawan, CIA, QIAL, CMIIA, Director – Stakeholder Relations (UK & Ireland)
- Beili Wong, CIA, Director – Industry Guidance (Canada)
- Lishuang Fang, CIA, Director-at-Large/Audit Committee (China)
- Thomas Sanglier, CIA, CRMA, Director-at-Large/Audit Committee (USA)
- Ernesto Martinez Gomes, CIA, CRMA, Audit Committee Chairman (Spain)
- Richard F. Chambers, CIA, QIAL, CGAP, CCSA, CRMA, Ex-Officio Director/IIA President and CEO (USA)
The new leaders took office immediately upon election. Officers are elected for a one-year term; directors serve two years.
Established in 1941, The IIA is an international professional association with global headquarters in Lake Mary, Florida, USA. The IIA is the internal audit profession's global voice, recognized authority, acknowledged leader, chief advocate, and principal educator. Members work in internal auditing, risk management, governance, internal control, information technology audit, education, and security.
About The Institute of Internal Auditors
The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) is the internal audit profession’s most widely recognized advocate, educator, and provider of standards, guidance, and certifications. Established in 1941, The IIA today serves more than 200,000 members from more than 170 countries and territories. The IIA’s global headquarters are in Lake Mary, Fla. For more information, visit www.theiia.org or www.globaliia.org.