2017 All Star Conference Program
Oct. 30–Nov 1
The Bellagio / Las Vegas, NV
Attend In-demand, Encore Presentations
Did you miss a presenter at a previous IIA conference? Our All Star Conference is all about bringing together the highest attendee- rated presenters from the past year’s events. This one-of-a-kind of event delivers in-depth, comprehensive encore sessions.
Don’t miss this opportunity to earn up to 18 CPE credits (4 additional CPEs are available by adding a pre-conference workshop to your registration – for a total of 22 CPEs) as you experience the best of the best.
General Session Speakers
Internal Auditors as Trusted Advisors: Leveraging Trust to Foster Organizational Success
Richard Chambers, CIA, QIAL, CGAP, CCSA, CRMA
President and Chief Executive Officer
Sound Bites Session: Cybersecurity – Leading Practices for Auditors
Steve Sanders, CRMA
Vice President, Internal Audit
Computer Services, Inc.
||How Secure Is Your Data? Developing an Effective Information Security Strategy|
Eric Pulse, CFSA, CISA, CISM, CRISC, GSEC
Principal, Eide Bailly, LLP
||Scott Sisel, CPA|
Partner, Eide Bailly, LLP
||Importance of IT Controls in Today's Technology Environment|
Paul Perry, CPA, CITP, FHFMA
Member and Director of Security Services
Warren Averett Technology Group, LLC
National Association of Corporate Directors
Communicating for Success
Motivational Speaker, Communication Expert, and Author
- Track 1: Emerging Trends in Technology & Cybersecurity
- Track 2: Governance, Risk, & Fraud
- Track 3: Professional Development & Improvement
- Track 4: Innovation in Internal Audit
Concurrent Sessions by Educational Track
Track 1: Emerging Trends in Technology & Cybersecurity
- Electronic Crimes
- Aligning Technology Sector Internal Audit Goals With Stakeholder Expectations
- Business Email Compromise: The New Billion Dollar Problem
- Open Source Software: Managing the Compliance Pitfalls
- A CAE's Perspective: Examining Cybersecurity Risks, Realities, and Real World Strategies
- How Secure Is Your Data? Developing an Effective Information Security Strategy
- Importance of IT Controls in Today's Technology Environment
- The Internet of Things: What Does This Mean to Internal Audit?
Track 2: Governance, Risk, & Fraud
- How to Implement a GRC Solution
- Getting Ahead: Audit’s Approach to Engaging Before Issues Arise
- Building Fraud Detection Into Routine Audit Activity
- Fraud Risk Management and the Internal Audit Team
- Corporate Governance: You Know It Is There, but How Do You Audit It?
- Words Don't Lie But People Do: Detecting Deception in Your Investigations
- Finding the First Domino: The Key to Root Cause
- Auditing Social Media
Track 3: Professional Development and Improvement
- Managing Your Personal Brand
- People Strategies That Work: How to Retain, Engage, and Inspire Audit Professionals
- Influence Without Authority: The Impact of Your Actions
- Assessing the Quality of Your Community Relationships: 12 Relationship Audit Criteria
- Step Up & Stand Out: Put Your Professional Brand on Display
- How to Effectively Market the Internal Audit Function
- Building Effective Audit Committee Relationships
- Communication Strategies to Facilitate Positive Change and to Create Value in Internal Audit
- In Conversation With … Women Leaders in the Profession: Strategies for Success
- Getting the Truth
Track 4: Innovation in Internal Audit
- In Conversation With … Internal Audit Innovation
- Emerging Trends in Fraud Investigations
- Digital Forensics Using Data Analytics
- Auditing Collaboratively: Rethinking the Audit Process to Enhance Value
- Transforming Internal Audit: The Digital Journey
- Digitization: What Is It? Why Is This Important to Internal Audit?
- Auditing Your Company's Mobile Devices
- Marketing: Vulnerable to Abuse (Reduce Your Risk!)
- The Five Tiers of Auditor Competency: How Do You Measure Up?
Sunday, Oct. 29 / 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Pre-conference Workshop 1
Keeping Your Name Out of the Mud and Dollars in Your Pocket: Reputation, Crisis, and Marketing
Co-founder, Chief Creative Pilot
Pre-conference Workshop 2
Extracting Maximum ROI From Audit Data Analysis
Tom Austin, CIA
Chief Audit Executive
Cisco Systems, Inc.
Cisco Systems, Inc.
Our conference team continues to develop this world-class educational program. Session speakers and title are subject to change. Additional sessions will be announced. Please check back frequently for updates.