Forums and Workshops
The New CAE Roundtable: Pathways to Success in Your New Role
March 11, 2018 / ARIA Resort & Casino / Las Vegas
This event convenes individuals who are new to the audit leadership role and provides opportunities to network with likeminded individuals as well as seasoned leaders in the profession to learn and exchange strategies, tools, and techniques that will foster positive outcomes within the first year and beyond.
Attendees will discuss, review, and evaluate competencies to be an effective leader in internal auditing. Specific focus will be on strategies to gain and maintain success in leadership roles.
- Hear from audit executives who will share success strategies within the first year of being in the role.
- Learn from seasoned leaders in the profession and discuss the future of internal audit.
- Participate in roundtable breakout discussions to focus on:
- Strategies to build relationships with key stakeholders with whom you will have or need frequent interaction.
- Approaches in understanding the business side of your organization and how the audit function brings value.
- Interview techniques to acquire the best talent.
- Effective strategies for managing across generations.
- Tactics for effective communication with the audit committee.
The First Year... Challenges, Opportunities, and Accomplishments
VP Corporate Compiance & Audit Services
The Future of Internal Audit
Larry Harrington, CIA, QIAL, CPA, CRMA
Vice President, Internal Audit
Breakfast and lunch will be provided for this event and you will earn additional 4.8 CPE credits.
Pricing: Members $325; non-members $425
*You must be registered for GAM to attend this additional event.
Space is limited so register today!
Women in Internal Audit Leadership Forum
March 14, 2018 / ARIA Resort & Casino / Las Vegas
In 2018 we will be continuing the conversation around women leaders in the internal audit industry. To be successful in closing the gap, women and men who support the professional advancement of women in audit need opportunities to engage in collaborative discussions, illuminating growth and social equity.
Please come be part of the conversation – Attend GAM and Women in Internal Audit Leadership and save $100!
Register at www.theiia.org/WIL.
Environmental, Health & Safety Forum
March 15, 2018 / ARIA Resort & Casino / Las Vegas
In the world of sustainability and risk it crosses all industries and is becoming more and more important to internal auditors. Understanding where those opportunities are and how to address them is imperative.
And if you are attending GAM, register for EHS and save $100!
Register at www.theiia.org/ehsexchange.