Call for Speakers
2018 Fall Environmental, Health & Safety Exchange
Renaissance Downtown Hotel, Washington, DC
The IIA’s Environmental, Health & Safety Audit Center and its Environmental, Health & Safety Advisory Board are calling on dynamic presenters who can engage their audience and facilitate thought-provoking exchanges at the 2018 Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Exchange this fall.
The EHS Exchange is the premier conference dedicated to the development and professional practice of environmental, health and safety (EHS) auditing, providing audit professionals with high-quality, specialized training, and networking opportunities with industry peers. The conference represents the voice of the EHS profession by creating a national forum to provide training and advance ideas, procedures, and networking among members and peers.
Topics of interest for the exchange include, but are not limited to:
- Audit program management
- Risk-based programs
- Audit reports – what are the needs of the stakeholder?
- Audit technology
- New and emerging trends in auditing
- Future of auditing – how will technology improve the audit process?
- Virtual audits/drone technology
- Auditing for EHS risks in agriculture
- Best practices for training auditors to perform audits
- Compliance auditing
- Gaps versus regulations and internal controls related to the gaps
- Relationship between EHS and internal audit
- Coordinated/combined assurance
- EHS data analytics – defend against “weaponizing” of publicly available EHS data
- Security against data hacks/cybersecurity
- What are the steps to take for proactive prevention?
- Enterprise risk management
- Risk rank environmental factors
- Key organizational risks for EHS sites
- Tie in to EHS Roles – ISO 45001
- What really drives risk related to EHS audit activities?
- EHS Risks – what is the consumer’s point of view?
- Sustainability reports
- What are the risks and how are they audited?
- Data review for stakeholders
- Product life cycles – cradle to grave
- Requirements for labeling
- Outskirts of EHS auditing
- Evaluating against regulatory requirements
- Product stewardship – chemical manufacturing
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- A proven track record as a speaker (you are welcome to submit past evaluation scores, comments, or recommendations).
- The ability to share leading practices and innovative tactics implemented in your internal audit function.
- The ability to address an issue critical to the internal audit profession.
- The level of interaction the session will provide the attendees, including Q&A, polling technology, case studies, and takeaway tools.
- Service providers are required to provide a current practitioner with whom they will be co-presenting. If proposal is accepted, the practitioner will need to be identified two weeks after confirmed participation.
Speaking at the EHS Exchange is a volunteer opportunity. Compensation for speaking fees and travel is not provided unless otherwise indicated. If you will need assistance with travel, please indicate that in your submission. All speakers receive a full complimentary registration for the Environmental, Health and Safety Exchange.
If you would like to submit a proposal, please click here and follow the directions for submission.
Please review the Speaker Proposal Guidelines document in advance of submitting your proposal. This document outlines all of the key information needed to ensure your proposal meets our guidelines and requirements, and it includes a sample submission form for reference.
|Deadline for submission of proposals
||May 25, 2018|
|Proposals reviewed by The IIA and the Environmental, Health & Safety Advisory Board
||May 29 – June 8, 2018|
|Invitations issued to selected Speakers
||Week of June 18, 2018|
|Email notification to speakers who were not selected
||Week of July 9, 2018|