The Environmental, Health and Safety Exchange
Hyatt Regency, St. Louis, MO • Sept. 11‒12, 2017
Call for Papers
Identifying risk is a primary function of the audit profession. Understanding environmental, health and safety risks and the impact they have on an organization is increasingly more essential to the overall health of the organization. To draw upon the talent, insights, and creativity of professionals in this practice setting, The IIA is actively seeking expertise, ideas, and participation in program development for the fall meeting. The Exchange will take place on Sept. 11–12, 2017, at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in St. Louis, MO.
Fall Conference: Needs and Opportunities
We are looking for speakers to present on the following topics:
- Risk Based Audit Management: Ensure Your Audit Is Adding Value to Sites Overwhelmed by Audits
- Audit Program Management
- Next Generation Workplace: Organizational Issues Important to Millennials and Challenges Faced by Young Auditors
- Regulatory Update: Federal EP, OSHA, and Significant State Updates
- Updates to ISO Management System Standards (14001/45001)
- Auditing Sustainability Reports
- Product Stewardship
We are in need of subject matter experts to facilitate select topical breakout sessions:
- Public Utilities
- Oil & Gas
- Retail & Office Environments
The Environmental, Health and Safety Advisory Board will accept submissions related to Auditing EHS related risk and regulatory updates. Primary consideration will be given to topics that meet the following criteria:
- Current, timely nature of the topic.
- Topic meets educational need as outlined in the call for speakers.
- Relevance to EHS auditing, or the internal audit profession in general.
- Ability to highlight member involvement, expertise, or contributions.
- Overall fit with other presentations or sessions, so as to create logical panels or discussions.
We invite you to participate by submitting a proposal to speak.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- A proven track record as a speaker (you are welcome to submit past evaluation scores, comments, or recommendations).
- The ability to share best practices and innovative tactics implemented in your internal audit function.
- The ability to address a critical issue to the internal audit profession, specific to the environmental, health and safety industry.
- The inclusion of information on a recommended or proposed co-presenter.
All speakers/facilitators receive a complimentary registration to attend the 2017 Environmental, Health and Safety Exchange.
Review the submission guidelines and submit your proposal today!
|Deadline for submission of proposals
||April 2, 2017|
|Proposals reviewed by Committee and IIA
||April 2‒23, 2017|
|Invitations are issued to selected Speakers
||May 14, 2017|
|Email notification is sent to those not selected
||May 30, 2017|
We look forward to hearing from you!
The IIA's Conference Team