2017 All Star Conference Recap
In-Demand, Encore Presentations
With over 500 attendees, the 2017 All Star Conference in Las Vegas featured in-demand, encore presentations, as well as brand new keynote speakers that inspired attendees and provided takeaways for immediate implementation.
Featuring the highest rated presenters from the past 12 months of IIA conferences, this one-of-a-kind event explored such topics as People Strategies That Work: How to Retain, Engage, and Inspire Audit Professionals; A CAE's Perspective: Examining Cybersecurity Risks, Realities, and Real World Strategies; How Secure Is Your Data? Developing an Effective Information Security Strategy; The Five Tiers of Auditor Competency: How Do You Measure Up?; and much more.
All sessions offered strategic insights to improve organizational outcomes and the role of internal auditing by aligning with innovative technology, as well as the proven fundamentals. The more than 40 general and concurrent sessions focused on:
- Emerging Trends in Technology & Cybersecurity
- Governance, Risk, & Fraud
- Professional Development & Improvement
- Innovation in Internal Audit
Some delegates chose to attend the pre-conference workshops – Keeping Your Name Out of the Mud and Dollars in Your Pocket: Reputation, Crisis, and Marketing; and Extracting Maximum ROI From Audit Data Analysis.
2017 All Star featured four general sessions, presented by:
- Richard Chambers, CIA, QIAL, CGAP, CCSA, CRMA, President and Chief Executive Officer, The IIA – Internal Auditors as Trusted Advisors: Leveraging Trust to Foster Organizational Success
- Steve Sanders (facilitator), CRMA, Vice President, Internal Audit, Computer Services, Inc. – Sound Bites Session: Cybersecurity – Leading Practices for Auditors, with presenters:
- How Secure Is Your Data? Developing an Effective Information Security Strategy
- Karen Andersen, Risk Advisory Manager, Eide Bailly, LLP
- Scott Sisel, CPA, Partner, Eide Bailly, LLP
- Importance of IT Controls in Today's Technology Environment
- Paul Perry, CPA, CITP, FHFMA, Member and Director of Security Services, Warren Averett Technology Group, LLC
- Cybersecurity First Aid Kit: Steps to Recover From a Data
- Christopher P. Roach, CISM, CRISC, Managing Director & National IT Practice Leader, CBIZ Risk & Advisory Services, LLC
- Peter Gleason, CEO, National Association of Corporate Directors and Michele Hooper, President and CEO, The Directors' Council – Stakeholder Expectations
- Sarita Maybin, Motivational Speaker, Communication Expert and Author – Communicating for Success
The Welcome Reception on Monday evening, along with breaks, meals, and exhibit hall events gave attendees the opportunity to network with peers, exhibitors, and powerful presenters. It is with sincere gratitude The IIA extends their appreciation to all the sponsors and exhibitors for creating experiences to engage.
Mark your calendars now for next year’s event and watch for early registration savings when they become available:
2018 All Star Conference
Oct. 22–24 / ARIA Resort & Casino / Las Vegas
Save up to $250 on Your IIA Certification or Qualification
The IIA will waive the initial application fee for all certifications and qualifications (up to $250 value): CIA®, CCSA®, CFSA®, CGAP®, CRMA®, CPEA®, CPSA®, and QIAL® for all conference attendees. This offer is valid until May 1, 2018. To request the application fee waiver, locate IIA Customer Relations during the conference, call +1-407-937-1111, or email CustomerRelations@theiia.org.