Print-friendly Course Description and Outline
Internal audit and internal auditors must be agile — able to add value in a nimble way in response to disruptions and evolving risks faced by the organization. Specific agile software development methodologies and an agile mindset support innovations in the internal audit process to better enhance and protect organizational value. This is agile with a big “A”!
Are you ready to help your internal audit activity become Agile?
This course takes the mystery out of agility. It starts with an overview of the values and principles of Agile software development and introduces scrum – a framework which can be used to manage complexity in the internal audit engagement process. Compatibility with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) is covered to dispel common misperceptions about whether Agile auditing aligns with professional standards. With an emphasis on interaction, this course includes breakout sessions to provide participants with opportunities to actually practice Agile auditing.
Who will benefit from this Course?
This course will benefit chief audit executives (CAEs) and audit directors and managers who want to better understand the value of Agile auditing and learn how to implement Agile auditing methodologies. The course also is a great tool for training staff of internal audit departments that are making the transition to Agile auditing using scrum.
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- Describe Agile auditing.
- Examine the compatibility of Agile auditing with the Standards.
- Recognize Agile software development methodologies.
- Explain the scrum process framework.
- Summarize the value of various Agile auditing iterations, including Agile Lean, Agile Lite, and Full Agile.
- Recognize change management considerations and other success factors for implementing Agile auditing.
- Construct Agile auditing artifacts.
- Perform Agile auditing ceremonies.
In-person classes are 2 day(s). For online courses, please click on the Details & Pricing link to review session times and dates.