Print-friendly Course Description and Outline
Effective communication to senior management and the board, and to individual internal auditors from Chief Audit Executives (CAEs) is referenced throughout the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing. For example, IIA Standard 2420: Quality of Communications, requires that communications be clear, easily understood, and logical, and provide significant and relevant information.
Are you ready to develop and improve your communication skills for the engagement process?
This two-day course is complete with highly interactive individual and group activities, as well as role-play scenarios to provide internal auditors with opportunities to develop or sharpen their interviewing and negotiating skills. After completing this course, internal auditors will have a profound awareness of how to effectively interview and negotiate, and be prepared to apply these skills in their organizations.
The Communication Skills for Auditors course is:
- Designed to present information about effective interviewing and negotiating, offers tools that will help to improve your skills.
- An opportunity to practice new skills without the pressure to “get it right.”
- A judgment-free zone, where you can interact freely with peers and receive feedback, guidance, and support to enhance your communication skills as they relate to interviewing and negotiating.
Who will benefit from this Course?
This course is for internal auditors — at all levels — who have a desire to develop or sharpen their interviewing and negotiating skills.
- Express the purposes for interviewing and negotiating.
- Explain the relationship between communication and noise.
- Identify the stages of interviewing.
- Identify the types of negotiating.
- Describe the development of the best alternative to a negotiating agreement.
|Course Duration: 2 day(s)
|CPEs Available: 16
|Knowledge Level: Basic
|Field of Study: Communications and Marketing
|Delivery Method: eLearning (Group-Internet-Based); On-site Training (Group-Live); Seminar (Group-Live)
The Communication Model
- The classic communication model.
- Noise in communication.
- Communication breakdowns.
- Communication methods.
Introduction to Interviewing and Negotiating
- Purpose for interviewing and negotiating.
- Communication relationships.
- Communication noise.
- Essential communication skills.
- Active listening.
- Body language.
- Purposes and importance of interviewing.
- Key interviewing skills.
- Types of interviews.
- Facilitated interviewing techniques.
- Stages of interviewing.
- Interviewing preparation.
- Interviewing tips.
- Types of interviewing questions.
- Interviewing body language.
- Key interviewing steps.
- Interviewee cooperation.
- Follow-up considerations.
Application of Interviewing Skills
- Interviewing preparation.
- Common interviewing mistakes.
- Interviewing follow-up.
- Definition of negotiating.
- Purposes for negotiating.
- Types of negotiating.
- Negotiating outcomes.
- Negotiating communication.
- Negotiating noise.
- RADPAC Model.
- Best Alternative to a Negotiating Agreement (BATNA).
- Overcoming negotiating challenges.
Application of Negotiating Skills
- Personal negotiating style.
- Negotiation planning.
- Negotiation activities.
Most courses can be delivered through on-site training. You might be surprised that the organization leading the profession is just as committed to the delivery of affordable training.
Contact us by calling +1-407-937-1388 or send an e-mail to GetTraining@theiia.org.