Understanding the value in the profession of internal auditing is the first step to becoming an effective internal auditor. The latest release of The IIA’s Competency Framework outlines competencies for professionalism, performance, environment, and leadership and communication. The IIA’s Core Curriculum Self-Study Program will help internal auditors achieve the competencies required to plan and perform internal audit engagements and demonstrate the authority, credibility and ethical conduct essential for a valuable internal audit activity.
This comprehensive program offers internal auditors the tools to successfully carry out the Mission of Internal audit. It provides a general understanding of the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) and the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards). The program provides guidance on contributing to the improvement of organizational governance, risk management, and control; promoting ethics and values to mitigate fraud; and applying The IIA’s Code of Ethics and rules of conduct. Further, this program provides guidance critical to engagement planning, considerations, objectives, and scope; engagement fieldwork; and engagement outcomes, and is in alignment with The IIA’s Implementation Guides, which thoroughly address internal auditing’s approaches, methodologies, and considerations.
This 16.5 CPE program includes access to the following for 180 days:
- Understanding the IPPF (1.0 CPE)
- Mission of Internal Audit and the Internal Audit Charter (1.5 CPE)
- Independence and Objectivity (1.0 CPE)
- Proficiency and Due Professional Care (1.2 CPE)
- Ethical Scenarios for Internal Auditors (1.0 CPE)
- Ethical Behavior (1.6 CPE)
- Organizational Governance (1.40 CPE).
- Risk Management (1.40 CPE).
- Internal Control (1.20 CPE).
- Fraud (1.60 CPE).
- Engagement Planning (1.20 CPE).
- Engagement Fieldwork (1.20 CPE).
- Engagement Outcomes (1.20 CPE).
|Course Duration: day(s)
|CPEs Available: 16.5
|Field of Study:
|Delivery Method: QAS Self-Study