Print-friendly Course Description and Outline
This workshop is a forum for auditors from small audit shops to discuss their challenges/opportunities and share their leading practices. Auditors from large (7-10 auditors), medium (3-6 auditors), and small (2 or fewer auditors) audit shops have attended.
At the beginning of the workshop, participants’ interests and needs will be discussed and used to customize the program. Ultimately, this highly participative session will help participants deal with challenging issues, take advantage of potential opportunities, and identify a manageable number of practical action items to improve their small audit shop's capability.
Participants are encouraged to bring any documents or tools that they would like to benchmark with other participants. The workshop’s facilitator has worked with a wide variety of small audit shops in several different roles.
To promote active discussions and the sharing of ideas, attendance is capped at 25 participants.
|Course Duration: 2 day(s)
|CPE Hours Available: 16
|Knowledge Level: Intermediate
|Field of Study: Auditing
|Delivery Format: On-site Training (Group-Live)
Adding Value and Maintaining Independence
- Independence — challenges and success factors
- Small audit shop client and stakeholder expectations
- Delivering value-added internal audit services — the “balancing act”
- Internal audit charters — benchmarking activity
Managing a Small Audit Shop — Key Activities and Practices
- Business risk assessment primer
- Creating a business risk-based audit plan
- Risk assessment methodology and resource allocation — benchmarking activity
- Audit committee and senior management communication — essential and leading practices
- Internal audit engagement planning
- Small shop audit manuals — core content benchmarking activity
Small Audit Shop Staffing Strategies and Tactics
- Staffing strategies and leading practices — benchmarking activity
- Effective utilization of staffing resources
- Supervision — challenges and approaches
Small Audit Shop GRC Opportunities and Challenges
- Risk management
Building a Better Audit Process
- Small audit shop audit process issues and opportunities
- Self-assessment and benchmarking activity
- Leading and emerging practices discussion
Rightsizing Your Quality Assurance and Improvement Program
- Creating a small audit shop internal assessment program
- Small audit shop external assessment options
- Getting ready for the review
Putting It All Together
- Prioritizing your next steps
Most courses can be delivered through on-site training. You might be surprised that the organization leading the profession is just as committed to the delivery of affordable training.
Contact us by calling +1-407-937-1388 or send an e-mail to GetTraining@theiia.org.